Our Commitment to your Privacy
Why We Collect Your Personal information
greatworldgetaways.com collects personal information for the sole purpose of providing a means for a subscriber to receive an electronic version of our newspaper.
We may collect the following information about you:
Your name and / or Your email Address
We Will Not Use Your Personal Information Without Your Consent
(1) In general, the use of our product(s) and services by a subscriber constitutes implied consent for us to collect, use and disclose personal information for all identified purposes.
(2) Subscribers may withdraw consent at any time, subject to notice in writing to us by means of email. Subscribers can contact greatworldgetaways.com at email@example.com to express their intention to withdraw their consent.
We Will Only Use Your Personal Information for the Purpose We Mentioned
(1) We can only use your personal information for the purpose we have stated and within the limits of the PIPEDA.
(2) It is your responsibility to keep your personal information as accurate as possible during use of our services.
(3) It is not our responsibility to in any way manage your personal information, except for the purposes set out herein.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
(1) We maintain your personal information until such time as the Service Agreement/User Agreement is terminated by either one of us.
(2) After such time, your personal information will be eliminated and properly disposed of according to our guideline in the destruction of personal information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We make the effort to train our employees and make them aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. Only Great World Getaways Inc employees with a business need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to your contact information.
We store contact information only to the extent of its purpose and to meet the period as required by law. After this period, your personal information will be disposed of according to our guidelines in the destruction of personal information.
How Do We Dispose of Your Private Information?
We will delete all information from our files and your account.
In the event that the personal information cannot be deleted, we would then make the information anonymous to ensure that the identity of the person having such information is not compromised.
Your Right to Your Personal Information We Collect
(1) We recognize your right to your contact information we have collected. A Customer Service Representatives will make the effort to respond to any questions in relation to your stored information.
We will make the effort to respond to all inquiries within the required period provided by the PIPEDA. We have put in place a Privacy Officer to look after the implementation and compliance of the Act.
Changes in Agreement
Notice of Breaches
In the event we are notified of a security breach (by you and/or another party), we shall send you an email at your last recorded email address and provide a notice on our website.
A firewall is an industrial-strength combination of hardware and software designed to separate the Internet from our computer systems and databases. All Internet data flows through a series of safety checkpoints on its way to and from our systems so that only authorized messages and transactions enter our computing environment. These firewalls also prevent unauthorized access to our computer systems from outside. By storing your data and messages on our servers, we keep the information securely behind our firewall. You may choose to download some of your information to your own computer. Please remember, any information that moves outside of our Web site may not be secure.
A software virus is a computer file which, when installed (either from a disk or by downloading it via the Internet), can cause damage to a computer. Some viruses are relatively harmless and display annoying messages; others can seriously damage your computer and the information on it. If you are accessing your Services Facility Account using a Web browser, you do not need to worry about viruses since no data is exchanged between the computer you are using and our system. If, however, you choose to download any mail or files, you should be aware of the risk of viruses. All mail entering our system is checked by the latest available anti-virus software. If a virus is detected, the mail is returned to the sender. We cannot, however, guarantee absolute protection against viruses. New viruses continue to be detected on the Internet, and we cannot be responsible for viruses introduced to your system by others however caused or conveyed. If you choose to access any software available through links from this Web site, please take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and ensure compatibility of the software with your specific computer system. You should also ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the information contained on your computer system prior to installing such software.