June 19th, 2012
Getting set to travel? Make your list and check it twice! Here are a few tips to consider when heading off for a long (or short!) trip.
- Ensure that your travel documents are up to date and that (Especially) your Passport is valid for at least six months from the time you enter a country.
- Educate yourself on the culture: It is important to be mindful of other cultures when travelling internationally. Be sure to learn about any common cultural mistakes that travelers make when entering the country you are visiting. This will safeguard you from potentially making the embarrassing or offensive faux pas.
- Review rules about air travel / luggage / security: Save yourself some time (and aggravation) at the airport by checking the CATSA’s list of prohibited items.
- Most people know that proper documentation is needed for international travel, but how many people think to bring copies with them? Take the time before you leave to keep a copy of all your documentation, just in case something happens. As well, there are many online (Secure) services where to can upload and store copies of important documents to be accessed when, and if, required.
- Purchase an unlocked cell phone: Stay connected with those at home by purchasing an unlocked mobile phone. Purchasing an unlocked GSM phone will allow you to access pay-as-you-go plans internationally, saving you on roaming fees.
Like this destination? You may also be interested in...